10 Best Songs To Play While Drinking [Part 1]
When hip-hop was just starting out in the late 70’s and early 80’s, the genre itself could be easily defined. Then, throughout the course of hip-hop history, artists like Rakim and Big Daddy Kane came around and altered the culture. Nowadays, hip-hop continues to evolve, and in the process the genre develops more sub-genres. These underlying genres grow everyday, and continue to define themselves. One of the most popular of these tracks is party rap. For example, a commonplace rapper in that genre is 2 Chainz.
At parties, most people drink alcohol, obviously. So if you’re lost on how to start your party playlist, here are the 10 best hip-hop songs to drink to
10. Man of the Year-Schoolboy Q: The debut album from TDE member Schoolboy Q just dro.pped on February 25th. The album features plenty of bangers, but the most notable is Man of the Year. Q bounces over head knocking drum sequences and a simple but catchy hook. That combination is lethal at parties.
9. Lookin’ At Me-Ma$e: Mase was at the height of his career when he dropped his debut album, Harlem World. Puff Daddy was running Bad Boy terrifically, and Mase dropped his debut right after Biggie’s death to keep the label moving. The Neptunes, who created a slow and melodic beat for Mase to float over, produced this track. It is impossible not to dance to this one.
8. A Milli-Lil Wayne: When Wayne released this song, the beat was so unique and unusual that it resulted in tons of people seeing how fast they could say “a milli” and how long they could keep it up. A Milli creates pandemonium at parties whenever it gets played, partly due to the non-stop lyrics by Wayne but mostly because of the booming bass in the background.
7. Dirt Off Your Shoulder-Jay Z: The chorus is fun to sing and dance to, and the beat is futuristic. As a result, one of Hova’s biggest hits was created. This song brought Jay one of the hottest records of the year.
6. The Next Episode-Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg: Once again, Dr. Dre produces a record that is simply out of this world. The beat is ridiculous. Plus, it doesn’t matter what age or gender you are, everybody loves when Nate Dogg comes in at the end.
5. Mercy-Kanye West featuring Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz: Four killer verses plus some timely ad-libs from Big Sean make this song perfect for when all of your friends are eight drinks in, ready to go out and party.
4. Hey Ya-Outkast: All people want to do when they are drunk is sing and dance. This song caters to that notion and appeals to a wide audience.
3. I’m Different-2 Chainz: This song features a DJ Mustard beat, who is notorious for getting people off their seats and dancing. There are few artists better suited for drunk people than 2 Chainz.
2. Gin and Juice-Snoop Dogg: This is G Funk at it’s finest. Snoop Dogg has a killer flow over a perfect Dr. Dre beat, and when you’re starting to get faded there is not a better song to vibe to.
1. Wasted-Gucci Mane: No explanation needed. Wasted features an extremely underrated beat and Gucci at his best.